The Design Group offers a full range of interior design services, including space planning, custom design, specification and procurement of all finishes, fittings and furniture for residential, retail, hospitality and corporate spaces.
Each project begins with an initial meeting with the client. We discuss the project in detail to learn about your personal lifestyle, company culture or the fundamentals of your business’ brand. Budgets and timeframes are also discussed at this point. This meeting is then followed up by a fee proposal, based on the design services required. Whether it is a new build, a blank canvas or rejuvenating an existing space, my aim is to design the space to suit the clients’ expectations and to support the individual needs of those using the space.
This is a specialized and professional service, ideal for new builds and renovations. The design process detailed below gives you more insight into what this service offers.
(development of the clients’ brief)
- Conduct research specific to the context of the clients’ brief
- Concept design presentation in the form of moodboards showing the proposed look and feel of the space
- Space planning with suggested brickwork and structural changes and preliminary furniture layouts.
(detail design + working drawings)
- Refining the concept proposal sketches into working drawings for construction. These include lighting & electrical layouts, bathroom design, tiling layouts and elevations, shopfitting drawings and elevations, detailed finishes schedule and samples.
- Collection and collation of supplier quotes compiling a comprehensive costing summary.
- Developing any custom features and furniture that may be required.
- Selection of all furniture and soft furnishings is done at this stage.
- Resolve any technical detailing that may need to be addressed.
- Attend site meetings with all various professionals and contractors during this phase to ensure the interior vision is carried through from inception right through to completion.
(final installation & handover)
- Quality control and preparation of snag list
- Coordinating the delivery and installation of all custom built-in pieces.
- Coordinating the delivery and installation of all furniture, window treatments and decor accessories including hanging artwork and styling the finer details.
- Final walkthrough and handover
This service is ideal for someone looking to upgrade an existing space and bring it to life. It includes space planning and furniture layouts, designing custom made furniture if necessary and selecting furniture, finishes, fittings, soft furnishings, window treatments, fabrics, artwork and décor accessories. I will handle the procurement of all goods, overseeing and coordinating all the various suppliers as well as the final installation and quality control of all goods.
This service involves regular site meetings where we oversee any subcontractors work and progress on site. To ensure that the overall interior vision is carried through from inception right through to completion and that the finished product is met within the client expectations, timeframes and budget.